Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Nearly failed

Today completely got away from me. One minute it was 8am (or really, 15 past when I walked into KC, and 35 past when I got to my desk...it's just like 8am), the next it was half twelve and then it was nearly three. I got buried under a pile of exciting paperwork. For real, it was exciting because it's my study and we are ahead of schedule for Phase One and Phase Two. Plus, I get to consult about clients, and write notes.

I know I'm sad, but I'm perfectly okay with this - I love data.

Anywoo, this post is not about my ability to ramble about my job (that's a post in itself), but more about how I nearly failed to post on my second day of "Post Everyday". I do have a good explanation - not excuse! - as I was at K's school performance, then I was tutoring T till 10pm. Plus I was up at 4am (!) when the power meter reader box thingy decided to click incredibly loudly. Nothing like being woken up by your Aunt because she didn't know what to do either. Apparently the power company has sorted it, but I will not be a happy chappy if it goes off.

And there I go again, rambling. So random thoughts for today:

  • You really know you are out West when there is a kid named Holden, and it's accepted as perfectly natural
  • Parents who don't want CYFS involvement should not name their kids stupid names
  • I may have accidentally started a revolt with telling people that my contract is ending and not being renewed. They are quite pissed. I find this amusing.
  • Sleeping with a 6 year old is akin to sleeping with a hot water bottle that never looses its heat.
  • I am yet to drink a hot chocolate without burning my tongue
  • I don't like winter, fog, rain, cold or the dry lips I get from the combination of these
  • 11pm is not an appropriate time to remember that the last meal I ate was last night. A handful of jet planes, half a chocolate bar, a Sherbert Fizz and half a bottle of dinner does not make for healthy eating
  • Random acts of kindness are fun and amusing. However, I am still annoyed when I let someone in and they don't wave or flash their hazards to say thank you.
  • I feel that there is something that I need to do tomorrow (other than dash a PhD proposal) but I can't remember what the hell it is
Tomorrow will be better. Hopefully.


This Kauri Tree really is square
(Coroglen-Tapu Rd, Coromandel)

No comments:

Post a Comment