Thursday, March 12, 2009

Oh novus!

My last post was so long ago - so much for updating this regulary. Fail

I've been so busy with getting ready for my six weeks of horror/awesomeness, that I let this just fail by the wayside. Not that this is an excuse, because I should be better, but is a timely reminder not to let the big things get in the way of the little things.

The big things:

  • My trip to Mexico via the USA - all flights and hotels are booked! I've obviously watched too much Law and Order because I was nervous about going to NYC on my own, so I've booked myself into the Hilton. Cost me $900 for three nights, but I wasn't staying in a youth hostel by myself and the 2 star hotels were just a little cheaper.... and now I'm justifying myself. Opps. Oh well, is done.


  • The exam-that-shall-not-be-dignified-with-name, is next Saturday (breathe!). I don't feel as well prepared as I imagined myself, but at the same time I'm not freaking out too much. I have my moments but I have to believe that this is what I am meant for, tha this is what I can do. So I shall do it - I even told my manager at work that I'm studying at work, so my production will be less until after it. It's hard to study when I'm not avoiding doing my thesis.

  • The triathlon is this Sunday. Oh novus! I'm definitely not anywhere near ready for it - I nearly died when I was doing the practice bike ride up Music Point! Eating is a good idea. Opps. Thankfully, I re-read the directions and we only have to do Music Point once (not twice like E suggested) and the run has been rerouted so it's all flat! (This is me psyching myself up). I've already told CFU to expect me laying on the floor on Monday morning.
Work has been both ass and fantastic. I no longer have a life, but that is ok because I am saving money. At least that is what I am telling myself because if I didn't then that would be worry me.

There was this guy from my Aunt's work who came around to look at Poppy's boat who was a bit alright (and he commented on my clevage dispaly to my Aunt, which whatevers I was wearing a singlet) but my Aunt seems to think he is a bit of a loser, but again, whatevers. I need some. I will get some next weekend.

I think I'm a little crazy at the moment. I should have some more sugar. Can't be having sugar drops now.

1 comment:

  1. LOL. That's funny, because I too feel the same way about NY, I also believe I may have watched too much Law and Order, plus my experience at JFK for those 16 hours also wasn't the most pleasant, they were so rude.

    I am so excited for you, you must be getting really hyped up about your trip, although I am slightly worried... there have been a tonne of travel warnings for Mexico at the moment, so I am hoping it is quick and safe for you! *hugs*

    Goodluck for the triathlon and I know you can do it! YAY!!!

    lots of love! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete