Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I had happiness in the 'tron

I signed onto Blogger a good half an hour ago, and I'm ashamed at how long it took me to find the 'New Post' Button. In my defence, I drive to Hamilton and back today (1.5h each way) and I have the attention span of a gnat. At least I didn't get pulled into a Wiki Whirl Pool, so that saved about an hour.

My Ethics meeting in Hamilton went really well - pending a few changes (admin and consent issues) I will have approval. Woot woot! This is really exciting for me because I dreamed up the whole project, I got the funding ($10,000!) and I wrote the freaking ethics application of 30+ pages in one day. I got mad skillz yo.

So going to Hamilton for the meeting was really worthwhile - until I nearly crashed. Stupid mofo I was passing in a pass lane decided to slow down just as we got to the merging lane. I was stuck and it was only because the guy behind me stopped, that I didn't crash and die. Seriously! Merge like a zip, people! Speaking of dangerous driving, I took my cousins out on Friday and nearly got stuck in the giant carpark that the NW Motorway turned into. Some mofo lead 26 police cars on a chase through the city, jumped on the motorway, decided he didn't want to be heading westbound any more, stopped his car to jump over the median barrier and brandished his sawn off shotgun at passing motorists in attempt to carjack another car. The AOS did their job and took action, unfortunately a civilian was caught in the crossfire and died. Really unfortunate because he was 17, the father of a 2 year old and working. His family is understandable angry but still, the AOS were doing their job and that mofo was crazy, hopped up on P (ice) and having taken shots at police and civilians in his attempt to escape.

Anyways, we were supposed to be on the motorway at that time, but I threw a sooky and decided that we were going to the beach at Narrow Head. There but for the grace, I go.

Narrow Head is a lovely beach. It's on the North Shore facing Rangitoto (semi-extinct volcano in the middle of the harbour) and perfect for little kids with only metre high waves. The kids had fun, I lay in the sun shelter and pretended to read. I might just take them back this Friday - hopefully without the two hour drive back!

2 comments:

  1. Is that the volcano in the background there(near her raised and swinging hand? That looks really cool and I wanna go, even despite my loathing of sand. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, that's Rangitoto - it's not the best shot because I suddenly realised what she was going to do to me. If you come, you wouldn't even have to go onto the sand, it has a bank just behind where I set up that is just grass/trees/benches for sitting. Perfect beach for you!

    ReplyDelete