Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Haven't felt the way I feel today in so long

From start to finish, today was frustrating. I felt like every step forward was the proverbial step back. To be quite honest, today was ass. Nothing major happened, but none the less, I was frustrated. Ethics letters for a couple of studies arrived, and they had changed the tables on us - now they require consent forms for using the healthcare records in a way other than normally intended and getting Maori Research Review Committee Consultation. The MRRC do not and have never reviewed these small retrospective projects. And why the hell would I get consent from people who have been discharged? One of the projects looks at the last 3 years worth of clients! FUCK. I sure hope like hell that this is wrong, cos that means my presentation is screwed, and more importantly, the project I have worked on for the past year and a half is screwed. I'M REPORTING ON FREAKING AUDITS!!!!

Achm. Also had a massive arguement with the car park company who are making me pay for Feb even though I requested to terminate. Apparently it was my duty to follow up and make sure that they got that termination advice, yet when I did it today and waited 2 hours for confirmation, they got shitty and talked to me like I was a retard. I do not appreciate that, and I made sure she knew that. It's always tempting at times like that to pull out the ol 'do you know who I am?' bullshit when people talk to me like that. So I spent an hour writing a complaint letter, which I am forwarding to the Commerce Commission and maybe Fair Go if they fuck me off more.

Sigh. Then I got home, place was a mess and smelling like garlic (who doesn't love that?). Sigh. So I checked trademe.co.nz to see if the flatmate has put the room up for rent. She hasn't. I'm not that surprised but I am bothered. This place is costing me serious money and I could do with not paying that and getting settled. I'm going to pull some of my stuff out and start shifting in the hope that she gets the hint. I can't keep doing this forever.

There were so many other things that frustrated me today but I can't keep ruminating over the bad stuff. I want to have a good day tomorrow. Ok. I need to say one good thing about today.

I finally got into the water for training for the triathlon and I had some yummy chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment